- The holidays.
- My turning 30 soon.
- Being back in Lodi, where I grew up.
- Facebook’s On This Day feature.
- Watching my niece blossom into the smartest, funniest, coolest kid.
- My new OCP.
…but I’m feeling extra sentimental these days. In my usual fashion, I’ll share a little bit, in list form. :)
Here are a few of the countless things I’m thankful for:
- My people. My family (furry ones too!), friends, and coworkers. I could write a book on this bullet alone. Everyone, both near and far: even if we’re not in touch all the time, I’m often thinking of you and appreciate you very much.
- Automattic/my work. I get to work on fantastic things, with wonderful company, amazing flexibility, and incredible benefits. I never forget this.
- My health. I’m aging, I can feel it! My wrists are hurting more, my right ankle continues to be problematic, and I experienced heartburn for the first time ever, twice in the past month. These completely trivial annoyances remind me to appreciate my body and all that it does for me, despite the hell I sometimes put it through.
- Technology/the internet. I have the pleasure of blowing my parents’ minds every time I reveal a bit more of the magic. It’s slow-going, but such a treat. For example, my mom was pumped today because we just got to watch an episode of BBC’s Monkey Planet (she loves animal documentaries) on the TV instead of the iPad (thanks Chromecast!). They have had such rough lives, but they deserve all of life’s pleasures, which we often take for granted.
- The bay area. It’s beautiful!
- All things new — good, bad, or inbetween. New experiences, new places, new feelings.
Here’s a glimpse of my completely normal, but 100% delightful day:
Although the photos aren’t anything special, the moments were.